Calypso server was created to face a certain need, a need for an enviroment where students of Poznan Univesity of Technology could develop their projects. Calypso offers a stable, always-on, enviroment with databases (currently MySQL and PostgreSQL), Apache HTTP server for web focused projects, enchances communication between students/developers and their mentors via MailMan mail list server, provides safe and efficient storage place for project files in CVS and Subversion repositories and allows sharing results with open source community.
For the time being following services are available:
- shell accounts,
- www accounts with support for php (on Apache server),
- MySQL relational database (with phpMyAdmin web interface),
- PostgreSQL relational database (with phpPgAdmin web interface),
- CVS and Subversion repositories (with ViewCVS web interface),
- mail accounts (with SQWebMail web interface),
- MailMan mailing list system.
Plans for near future:
- GForge concurrent development enviroment.
Plans for far future:
- java servlet server,
- jabber server.